Alternatives To Self Harm
Self harm doesn't always have to be cutting or pulling out hair. It can be done safely such as holding ice on your skin instead. Below are some safer ways to self harm;
- Using an elastic/rubber band against your wrist. No scars or blood with this one.
- Holding ice on your skin, usually around a sensitive place like your forehead. The pain is quite sharp and cold.
- Drawing red lines with a pen on the place you want to cut. This is for those that like the blood with self harming.
- Draw a butterfly on the place you want to cut. Try keep the butterfly alive, cutting kills the butterfly so try your best to keep it alive. Even one day is good.
- Write words on the place you want to self harm, this is very relieving and helped me alot.
- Shower, this might be unusual for a self harm alternative but scrubbing in the shower vigorously is hygienic and lowers body tension,
- Tear paper apart, think of the paper as your skin. Rip as much as you feel you need to.
- Go for a run or do some cleaning, this can drain your energy and be productive instead of destructive.